What do you mean, there are no rules? Aren’t there always rules?
Nope, not always.
Growing up, we were taught to follow all the rules if we wanted to succeed – in school, sports, even in our family dynamics.
- Sit up straight
- Line up by height
- Answer only when called upon
But as a woman in business and as a grown up, aren’t you are better suited to determine which rules are absolutely necessary and which are, in fact, more like….guidelines? Of course you are.
Most rules are really just advisory in nature.
They are there to help keep you out of trouble. They are not there to keep you hemmed in, paralyzed with fear, or stuck in a spot that does not serve your business or enhance your life.
Now before you send me a raging email telling me about the benefits of having rules, let me tell you that I do, in fact, believe in rules…when they make sense. I also know that rules keep our society humming.
But many women never “graduate” out of the rule-following mode required for becoming a productive citizen.
Nor do they transform into the type of grown-up who can make rules for her own life, and use her good judgment about whether to follow the existing rules.
We outgrow rules. We do not outgrow our values.
As a woman entrepreneur and a grown up, I stopped following these rules:
- you are not allowed to make more money than your parents did
- women in small businesses are not the bread winners
- be quiet, be small, don’t rock the boat, don’t bring attention to yourself
- women in business shouldn’t / can’t make more money than their husbands
- don’t ask for help / don’t collaborate / don’t share what you know with other people
- girls are not good at technology / business / finances
- asking for what you want is rude / pushy / unladylike / selfish
- success is for other people
Make some rules, break some rules, create an adulthood that reflects what you believe and stand by your decisions.
Leave me a comment and tell me about your new rules!
Would You Like More?
I help women take charge of their life and become fearless, rich, and radiant so they can live a bigger story and go after their dreams before it's too late.
If you're ready to break free of who everyone else thinks you should be, and you’d like more freedom, greater income, and a fun, healthy, energized lifestyle, let's chat about how I can help you make that happen. Contact me today!
What To Do NowShare your thoughts in the comments below.
Up your game with The Millionaire Mindset Method
Rock your day! :-)