On this show, I share how to quickly build self-confidence and self-esteem by recognizing some low self-confidence traps.
If we want to get unstuck and learn how to be more confident, we’ve got to recognize where our confidence gets stuck.
If we’re going to take on something big, scary, and new it’s easy to be hit with an overwhelming sense of paralysis disguised as procrastination, sickness, or busyness. Then doubt sets in. We seek more advice, information, or confirmation.
But no more! Get ready to take back your power, trust yourself, foster momentum, and build self-confidence to win big!
Click to Listen
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The difference between self-esteem and self-confidence.
- To recognize the 4 low self-confidence traps (perfectionism, wishful thinking, victim thinking, and worry)
- How to take back your personal power.
- Ways to dig up evidence for your use in moving forward.
- How to foster momentum.
- Why you’ll want to channel Pygmalion so you can expect to win.
- A counseling technique that beats your doubts.
You don’t get credit for “trying.”
Worrying harder isn’t going to make you successful.
The first 10 gigs are harder to get than the next 100. – Josh Shipp
Links and Resources
- Rotter’s Locus of Control (psychological assessment that measures a person’s belief in their ability to affect an outcome)
- Youth Speaker Josh Shipp
- Robert Rosenthal and Lenore Jacobson’s Pygmalion Effect
- More Episodes
Thanks for Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, I would be honored if you would subscribe and leave an honest rating/review in iTunes so others can find the podcast too! Thank you 🙂